You’ve been waiting in anticipation for one of the most important days of your life and it’s finally here – your wedding day! All that time and effort you’ve put in, the ups and downs the planning and preparation of a wedding brings, it will all finally pay off when you get to enjoy your special day – and finally get to wear your beautiful wedding dress that you’ve been longing to show off! It’s perfectly normal to feel somewhat nervous and begin to panic with a few days to go. There is often a whole heap of little things still to do, which when you look at the list seems to just keep getting longer. Try not to make yourself dizzy, sit down and clear your head. Here are some pointers to help assist you with those last minute wedding day preparations.
- Firstly it’s all about delegation. This is your day and you need to be able to stay focused on getting yourself ready and to meet your groom on time. Assign your bridesmaids and friends to carry out duties and errands for you.
- Ensure you have everything packed if you’re jetting off on honeymoon straight after your reception party. Compile a checklist or spreadsheet of all the things you require. It will really help when you have a hundred other things going on in your head – the last thing you want is to forget the passports or your camera!
- When it comes to getting dressed on your big day your wedding gown should be the last thing you put on, after you’ve had your hair and make up done. Orange foundation marks and red lipstick over your bridal wear is not a good look. Do make sure you allow plenty time to get into your gown, especially if you have a lace up back and fiddly buttons. If you can then step into your wedding dress and wriggle it up. If it must go on over your head then pop a pillowcase or towel over your face and hair. This will protect your dress and keep your hair and make up immaculate.
- You’re going to be on your feet all day and night so make sure you break in those wedding shoes by wearing them a couple of times at home. Ask one of your bridesmaids to carry some plasters or gel inserts just in case or pop a pair of flats in an accessible place when you can’t take anymore on those high heels.
- Compile a wedding day emergency kit. Pop this in a safe place where you can easily get to it in case of a mishap. Inside could include spare hoisery, deodrant, perfume, make up essentials, mini sewing kit (in case of a wedding dress emergency!), tweezers and any other items you may consider useful!
- It may sound nerdy but why not create a wedding day itinerary. Hand out copies of this to all the members in your bridal party. This will assist them in knowing what to expect throughout the course of the day and where to be and when.
- And don’t forget above all you hard work to enjoy your wonderful day. It will fly by so make sure you savour every moment.